samedi 19 mars 2011
Recipe: Vegan Lemon Polenta Cake
2 x lemons
120g instant polenta
150g plain flour
250g caster sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
200 ml sunflower oil
150 ml warm water
10 (yes, 10!) tablespoons soya yogurt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2. Juice and zest one and a half lemons; finely slice the remaining half.
3. Line an 18cm cake tin with greaseproof paper.
4. Mix the instant polenta , flour , sugar , baking powder and lemon zest in a mixing bowl.
5. Using a fork, beat in the soya yoghurt.
6. Slowly add the water, oil, lemon juice and beat with a fork until emulsified.
7. Lay the finely sliced pieces of lemon in the bottom of the tin and pour in your cake mix.
8. Bake for 60 minutes.
9. Wait for it to cool then turn the cake upside down and remove the baking paper.
10.Voilà! Time to eat!